RIVERSIDE -- Again winning three individual matches by default, the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers women's tennis team posted a solid 7-2 non-conference home win over the visiting El Camino College (ECC) Warriors Thursday (Feb. 9) at the Fran Bushman Tennis Courts on the RCC campus.
Riverside City (3-1 overall) gained singles wins from No. 3, sophomore Samantha Moreto (Riverside - M.L. King HS) and No. 4, sophomore Breyer Floyd (Redlands - Redlands HS) with a pair of 6-0, 6-0 scores.
California Community College Women's Tennis
Non-Conference Dual Match
El Camino College at Riverside City College
Thursday, February 9, 2017
1. Violet Simpson (ECC) def. Hana Papaco (RCC) 0-6, 7-5, (10-5)
2. Steph Kingham (ECC) def. Ellia Rosado (RCC) 6-3, 6-3
3. Sam Moreto (RCC) def. Sophia Manouchery (ECC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Breyer Floyd (RCC) def. Sandy Mejia (ECC) 6-0, 6-0
5. RCC Wins by default
6. RCC Wins by default
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1
2. Sam Moreto/Autumn Keay (RCC) def. Manouchery/Mejia (ECC) 8-0
3. RCC Wins by default
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
Final Score: at Riverside City College 7, El Camino College 2
Riverside City College: Overall: 3-1, Conf.: 0-0;
El Camino College: Overall: 0-2, Conf.: 0-0;
RCC Women's Tennis returns to the courts on Tuesday, February 14th at Cerritos College in a non-conference dual match. Play begins at 2:00pm.