RIVERSIDE -- Winning three individual matches by default, the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers women's tennis team toppled NAIA-member Hope International University, 6-3, Wednesday (Feb. 8) in a non-conference match at the Fran Bushman Tennis Courts on the RCC campus.
Gaining default wins at Nos. 5 and 6 singles and No. 3 doubles, Riverside gained singles wins from No. 2, frosh Ellia Rosado (Riverside - Arlington HS) and No. 4, sophomore Breyer Floyd (Redlands - Redlands HS).
RCC sophomore Samantha Moreto (Riverside - M.L. King HS) and frosh Nani Nguyen (La Sierra HS) teamed to win at No. 2 doubles, 9-8 (4).
Riverside returns to action on Thursday, Feb. 9, when it hosts the El Camino College (ECC) Warriors in a non-conference match at 2 p.m.
California Community College Women's Tennis
Non-Conference Dual Match
Hope International University at Riverside City College
Wednesday, February 8. 2017
1. Jovana Milosevic (HIU) def. Hana Papaco (RCC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Ellia Rosado (RCC) def. Haley Robles (HIU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Djurdjina Vrhoav (HIU) def. Sam Moreto (RCC) 6-0, 6-4
4. Breyer Floyd (RCC) def. Jasmine Hyacinth (HIU) 6-3, 6-4
5. RCC Wins by default
6. RCC Wins by default
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4
2. Sam Moreto/Nani Nguyen (RCC) def. Jasmine Hyacinth/Djurdjina Vrhoav (HIU) 9-8(4)
3. RCC Wins by default
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
Final Score: at Riverside City College 6, Hope International University 3;
Riverside City College: Overall: 2-1, Conf.: 0-0;
Hope International University: Overall: 0-2, Conf.: 0-0;