RIVERSIDE -- Winning only one singles match and one doubles match, the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers men's tennis team dropped a 7-2 non-conference decision to the visiting Glendale College (GC) Vaqueros Friday (Feb. 3) at the Fran Bushman Tennis Complex on the RCC campus.
Riverside City (3-1 overall) was paced by freshman Thierry van Os, who is pictured, who won at No. 2 singles.
RCC is ranked seventh in Southern California which mirrors last season's final ranking of seventh in the region. The Tigers also are ranked tenth in the state.
Glendale (3-0 overall) was ranked ninth in the Southland preseason poll.
The Tigers return to the courts on Tuesday, Feb. 7, when they host the San Diego City College (SDCC) Knights for a non-conference match which begins at 2 p.m.
California Community College Men's Tennis
Non-Conference Dual Match
Glendale College at Riverside City College
Friday February 3rd, 2017
1. Christian Hess (GC) def. Sami Akouz (RCC), 6-2, 6-0
2. Chris Pope (GC) def. James Andra (RCC), 6-2, 6-2
3. Arin Meserkhani (GC) def. Grady Harrell (RCC), 1-6, 6-0, 11-9
4. Thierry van Os (RCC) def. Kevin Orellana (GC), 6-3, 7-6 (4)
5. John Robertson (GC) def. Trent Harris (RCC), 6-4, 6-4
6. Stephen Sandoval (GC) def. Ryan Cala (RCC), 6-1, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 6, 3, 5, 4
1. Arin Meserkhani/Chris Pope (GC) def. Sami Akouz/Thierry van Os (RCC), 8-5
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
Final Score: Glendale College 7, Riverside City College 2